Mandrake 8.1 newbie question

mike neuliep mike at marauder.illiana.net
Fri Jan 4 17:38:48 CST 2002

Hello, I have a couple of Mandrake question.  I'm a Mandrake newbie so please
be patient with me if I sound -- DOH.

1) has anyone successfully done printing to a win2k server printer queue?
   I created the linux box a computer account in the domain.  smbpasswd
also seems to be missing from the latest smb2.2.3.mdk package?  Printing
works just fine if I print directly to the jetdirect the printer is attached
to.  Unfortunately I need to get it to print to the win2k printer queue.

2) games:  all the games except the missile-command clone seem to have trashed
icons and run trashed under X.  I have a matrox millenium G200 w/ 4meg of ram.
>From what I see the light cycle game looks really cool, but I am unable to play
it do to the trashed video.

The final goal of this task will be to built a linux workstation that can
perform specific tasks for factory workers on the Andrew company production
floor.

Thanks in advance!

	Mike
.