Samba Connection

Jim Herrmann Jim at itdepends.com
Wed Jan 2 05:30:02 CST 2002

Happy New Year all,

When I try to connect through Samba to my wife's Win98 box, I get the
following message:

22491: tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network name in
tree connect.)

This has worked in the past, and nothing has changed to my knowledge.  I've
tried smbmount as well as mount -t smbfs, and both ask for a password, and
both get the same message after I enter the password.  I have verified that
the password is correct, and that the share name, server name, and mount
point are valid and correct.

Any ideas on what is failing here?  Where do I even look up this message to
find out what it means?

Thanks for your assistance,
Jim Herrmann