Exploit Code Posted for SSH Flaws

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Tue Dec 31 21:14:47 CST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, James Colannino wrote:

> What exactly is SSH? I've heard the term in the past, but am not
> familiar with the protocol myself.

ssh is a handy utility that allows us to login to another computer through
an authenticated and encrypted connection.  It also lets us forward ports
through this layer and run X-windows applications from anywhere just the
same.  The ssh package also includes nifty utilities, such as sftp, which
is a nice ftp package to make sure your files absolutely, positively get
there without terrorists intercepting it.  Good stuff if you life depends
on it.

PuTTY is the ssh client that runs on Windows platforms.  To me, that means
I can login to my linux box with any Windows box in the world with some
sense of security.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150