Intellimouse...

Rich Edelman edelman at speedscript.com
Fri Dec 27 17:36:13 CST 2002

Make sure your XF86Config file looks like this for your mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	Option	    "Buttons" "7"
        Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection

and then you'll need to remap pointer buttons with xmodmap, so doing this
should work for that:

xmodmap -e 'pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5'

This is the only way I could get all 7 buttons to work... (the small grey
button on the side shows up as button 7 while the big one shows up as button
6). I snagged it from a help file on xfree86.org looong ago.

Refer to http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.1/mouse5.html and
http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.1/mouse6.html for examples and such :)

Oh, I have the mouse hooked up via PS/2. If you have yours hooked up via usb,
change the Protocol to "usb" instead of "ExplorerPS/2" and you may still have
to work some xmodmap magic. According to the documentation, the side buttons
are recognized as 4 and 5, so you really shouldn't need the xmodmap at all,
but I never could get it to work properly without that, perhaps being because
I'm not using it via usb.

HTH,
Rich