pcmcia module insertion causing hard lockup on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 in Madrake 9.0

MdG linux at bizniche.com
Fri Dec 27 17:11:15 CST 2002

Rob:

I'm not sure if this can translate to linux...but I had some problems with
those cards in windows.  By default, the "Cable Detect" was turned on...so,
every 15 seconds or so, it would check for a cable.  It none was plugged in,
I would hear a skip in whatever media was playing, and sometimes it would
freeze me up.  Maybe the same thing is happening in linux??

Long shot,
Matt