got a question for the sysadmins

Rich Edelman edelman at speedscript.com
Tue Dec 24 16:39:06 CST 2002

SCO, ewww... We have several SCO boxes here at work that I've had the
displeasure of rebuilding.

Anyway, the command you're looking for to control the tape drive is 'mt' and
it is in the mt-st package, although you can write to it with plain ol' tar
and cp commands.

rich at rich rich $ emerge -s mt-st
Searching...
[ Results for search key : mt-st ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  app-arch/mt-st
      Latest version available: 0.7
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 34 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.gnu.org/software/tar/

A quick search on rpmfind.net says the rpm you need is: mt-st-0.5b-10.i386.rpm
from your RH 7.1 cds.

HTH,

Rich