Debian Packages

Mike Coleman mkc+dated+1041909938.a6b1df at mathdogs.com
Mon Dec 23 03:25:45 CST 2002

Steven Elling <ellings at kcnet.com> writes:
> On Friday 20 December 2002 19:25, Mike Coleman wrote:
>
> > ).  You might need to troll the Debian site to find out exactly what the
> > packages you're interested in are named.
>
> Or use apt-cache?

Yeah, apt-cache looks good, too.  I've been using Debian forever and I've only
recently noticed apt-cache; it looks pretty handy.

> BTW: Mike, I noticed you are using what appears to be dated email addresses.
> What are you using to implement this?

It's a spam (blocking) program called TMDA.  People who reply to the dated
address within a certain period of time get into my mailbox for free; after
the date have to "authenticate" (they get a "just reply to me" message, like
with a mailing list setup).

It was hell to configure, but I like it a lot, and it'd be impossible for me
to use email without a spam blocker.  You can read more at tmda.net, although
it looks like the site is currently down.

Mike