Binding DHCP server to one interface in multihomed machine

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Sun Dec 22 14:56:55 CST 2002

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 paul at kcnetcare.com wrote:

> Anyone help me with binding DHCP server to one interface?
>
> I'm using DHCP client on ETH1 and want to use DHCP server on ETH0.
>
> I've looked on the Internet but didn't find anything.

If you're using the ISC DHCP server (which ships with most Linux and BSD
systems) it's configured from the command line, e.g.

    dhcpd -q eth0

Configuring this varies from distribution to distribution.  Under OpenBSD
it's configured in /etc/rc.conf.  Under Red Hat it's probably down in
/etc/sysconfig somewhere.  I'm not sure about other systems.