IE accounts for 95% of browsers

Becker, Rob Becker at celeritas.com
Thu Dec 19 18:59:50 CST 2002

Is it safe to check websites against just Mozilla instead of Mozilla and any post 6 Netscape
releases?  The rendering engine is the same and the main difference I've seen between the two is in
bundled programs and a few features ie spellcheck that don't really affect display at all.  On a
somewhat related note, has anyone tried out Phoenix yet?  I'm using it right now and it is pretty
impressive in its speed.  My main pc here at work is a P133 with 128 M of RAM running NT 4.
Needless to say, nothing is truly speedy, but Phoenix is much snappier than Mozilla 1.2 and it
doesn't seem to be lacking any features that are showstoppers either.
Take care.
Rob