IE accounts for 95% of browsers

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Thu Dec 19 18:51:27 CST 2002

> I think we all know that IE is the ambivalent browser, but these
> statistics don't reflect, say, the readership of Slashdot.org. I guess
> what it all boils down to is: who is your target audience and what are
> they using?

I still check all of my sites with IE, Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera to make
sure it works/looks fine in all 4.  Alot of companies still have Netscape
installed on their company PC's.

>Also, bear in mind that AOL is moving everyone (30 million
> people) to Gecko (supposedly) some time soon.

Sometime in the first quarter. Beta is pretty stable for a change, and I
wouldn't doubt if it didn't come out sooner than expected.  Finally AOL's
browser display's web sites CORRECTLY, and with 38+ million customers, I
more definately will be checking my sites with Netscape.  Only draw back
still, Netscape 7.01 still takes a little while longer to load than IE. But
hey, that's Windows for ya.