Comcast Cable Modem install?

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Dec 17 20:45:20 CST 2002

Bradley Miller wrote:
> Could someone point me to a quickie firewall on Linux that I can painlessly
> put on to work with Comcast cable modem service?  I would like to do a
> how-to with pics of this . . . my parents are finally getting into the
> high-speed age.  Jeez.

http://leaf-project.org/

I'd start with Bering (2.4 kernel) or Dachstein (2.2 kernel).  Can be
configured to boot from pretty much anything, from a single floppy to
HDD, CD-ROM, CF-Cards, even USB flash drives (if the BIOS supports it!).

Throw some storage and a couple of nic's in an old system, and you've
got a firewall.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net