PostNuke Gurus

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Mon Dec 16 15:46:36 CST 2002

I'm replying to everyone's questions in one email.

[--------------------------]
ghphillip said:

| I believe PHP must be compiled with MySql support.  I had a similar
| problem on my RedHat system.  PHP was installed, but with Postgresql
| support.  When I run the php_info script I get a line that says this:
|
| Configure Command  './configure' '--with-mysql'
| --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean.

[--------------------------]

Eric Rossiter said:

| Does phpinfo() show you a mysql block with all the pertinent info?  At
| the top of your test page that shows you the result of phpinfo() do you
| see a "--with-mysql" parameter?

I see a long block of "--with" statements, though I don't understand it. One
of them is '--with-mysql=shared,/usr'. The block is labeled "Configure
Command."

Jason said:

| What seems to be this issue again?

That's the easiest one to answer! The install script was crapping out when I
told it to build the database, and now I'm getting an error when I try to
run the install script.

Check it out at: http://sdimbert.servehttp.com/install.php.

You can see the phpinfo at http://sdimbert.servehttp.com/phpinfo.php

-SD