Disclosure WAS: KDE mem usage WAS: Re: SuSE 9.1 Install?

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Thu Dec 12 04:31:58 CST 2002

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 22:09, Jason Clinton wrote:
> Steven Elling wrote:
> > Linux radiation 2.4.18 #8 Wed Dec 11 00:43:21 CST 2002 i686 unknown
>
> /me looks up kernel security holes effecting 2.4.18.
>
> I've notice that recently people have been posting pretty sensitive
> system data to the list. Just a reminder: the public archive is indexed
> by Google.

Good point, but I'm not too concerned about it.  I'm on a private network,
which is protected by a firewall.  Crackers would have to get past my
firewall first and only when it is dialed out, which would be fairly
difficult.

I'm not saying no one can get in.  Only the determined, experienced crackers
might be able to get in.  But then again which determined, experienced
cracker is going to bother with someone's personal systems on dial-up when
they've got bigger fish to go after.

Having any computer connected to a public network is a calculated risk.  In
my opinion, my risk is very low.