Networking question

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Wed Dec 11 20:01:18 CST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, zscoundrel wrote:

> Is there a way that I can query a specific block of IP addresses (of a
> specific name server) for domain names, and then query that file for my
> name/email address to pull the records that have the information?

I remember something like the host command:

host -l <domain>

which was like your ls command for hosts under that domain.  If I did host
-l slashdot.org, slashdot's domain server would give me an exhaustive list
of everything slashdot.

but it seemed over the years, people considered that a security risk and
told everyone to turn it off.

--
http://dattaway.org