Webcam

gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org
Tue Dec 10 18:15:46 CST 2002

What I have done in the past is get a capture card (WinTv, Winnov etc).
Then you can use any quality of camera you want.   From a cheap X10 to a
camcorder.  I happend to have an old camcorder so I used it for my camera.
I used this setup to make a simple "refresh every few seconds" webcam.

 You can get a WinTv card off ebay for $50.  It will take great pictures
plus you have the option to watch TV.

For streaming, I believe real offers a free 10 connection version of
realserver for linux.