Webcam

Adam Davis ald at dovienya.net
Tue Dec 10 05:22:17 CST 2002

Hey all.

I'm looking to get a webcam that takes some fair-quality single-shot
pictures, but can also take near-streaming video.  I'm also interested in
software that can capture that video and allow me to easily post it to a
website (preferably not in the form of a .jpg and a page-refresh every few
seconds, but an actual streaming applet of some sort).

I dunno if such is available.  I'd certainly settle for refreshes if
that's all that is out there.

I wanted some input on maybe local deals on cameras with support under
Linux (either by the manufacturer or third-party) and suggestions on
software.

All thoughts welcome, and thanks in advance =)

~Adam Davis