making a exact copy of a HD

Jason jgreene at hailmaryfullofgrace.net
Fri Dec 6 02:17:04 CST 2002

Put the second hdd in your system and partition and format it exactly like the
first drive then mount it and then do a

cp /dev/hda  /dev/hdb -a

-a = all atributes

Then if you want to boot that drive in another machine you will have to run
lilo and tell lilo to boot off of that drive if anything changed.

Jason

--
http://www.hailmaryfullofgrace.net