Time & Temperature via linux

Jared jared at trios.org
Thu Dec 5 14:16:10 CST 2002

Advertising Linux? I believe it goes against the
internal ethic. Let it spread by word of mouth alone.
Fewer newbies who complain, that way.

I'm not saying Red Hat and IBM and others are corrupting
Linux by marketing it, they're not. I'm saying I personally
won't do that.

We live in an extraordinarily overcommercialized
society. It seems like anything for free comes with
some kinda infomercial tag attached. I'd like to
experiment with what people think about using a
service that has no commercial tag, letting word of
mouth do what it will do.

I do like the "fortune -s" idea, though.