Time & Temperature via linux

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Wed Dec 4 19:18:34 CST 2002

I suppose some sort of TAPI and Linux solution could be put together . . .
but as UMB found out, it's not exactly the best advertising medium.  I
coudldn't remember anything of what they were hawking on the UMB line . . .
other than the inconvenience of waiting to know what the time/temp was.
My van has temp in console, so thas no longer needed.  I would say most
people get the temp off the web or otherwise find it.

Kind of like this . . . on the fly from PHP on a Linux box:

http://new.golakeozarks.com/phpweather/stickermaker3.php

But it would be cool as hell for things like knowing stuff while you are
away from home!   I'd like a temp reading on the house, both refidges, the
pool (in season, hottub, and anything else I might have a hankering for.

-- Bradley Miller