OT - DVD

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Tue Dec 3 19:41:34 CST 2002

Actually, I ran into some pretty severe video signal loss playing a DVD on
my X-Box through the VCR.  Believe it or not, I got much better signal
using a hacksaw blade as a male-to-male cable connector than I did going
through the VCR.  It's not lossy just playing games through the VCR,
however, so I think M$ just stacked the deck on the X-Box in favor of copy
protection.  I'll probably just go get a switch.

- Kevin

PS- Before anyone gives me too much of a hard time about owning an X-Box, I
won it in a raffle, OK?  :)

                    "Jeremy Fowler"

                    <jfowler at westrope.com>       To:     "Jonathan Hutchins" <hutchins at opus1.com>,
<kclug at kclug.org>
                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-kclug at marauder.i       Subject:     RE: OT - DVD

                    lliana.net

                    12/03/2002 01:07 PM

It depends on the VCR and the DVD player. Most will have severe visual
quality
degradation due to the "skullduggery" you mentioned. However, I know it is
possible with some of the DVD-enabled game consoles (Xbox, PS2).