Cluster update

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Tue Dec 3 18:23:14 CST 2002

I never heard about what/if SCSI cables were needed.  Are they still
needed?

Thanks!

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator
DST Systems, Inc.
816/435-6039
krfinch at dstsystems.com

                    Jared

                    <jared at trios.org>            To:     kclug at kclug.org

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-kclug at marauder.i       Subject:     Re: Cluster update

                    lliana.net

                    12/03/2002 11:40 AM

This is a very good question, and I don't think any
one person can answer it. I propose that five or ten
of us oughta sit down at the next KCLUG meeting and
define the specs of what we want to do. Then we can
post on a website all the equipment we need, and
check it off as people donate it.

Presently, we can build a Beuwolf (needs identical
boxes) with 5 nodes (pretty small, but a good start).

I personally would like to see as much old technology
used as possible, someone said that's a Mosix
structure. But I don't know anything bout Mosix
and Beuwolf except that Beuwolf needs identical boxes
and Mosix can use a mix of different configurations.
I know others on the list know much more!

We need a couple Babbage machines, a 1950s trinary
Setun from Russia, and an abacus or two...