Sparc parts

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Tue Dec 3 15:12:01 CST 2002

We may have some RAM around somewhere; I'll check around.  Your choices
for HDD are:

  - Find a cheap (used) or expensive (new) SCA drive and buy a sled
    from some place like MemoryX.  The drives have to be 1" low profile
    (1.3" drives won't fit).

  - Get an external SCSI drive.

You don't necessarily need a CDROM (or floppy, keyboard, monitor,
or mouse) to use the box.  Solaris, Linux, and NetBSD all let you do
netboot installs from a serial console on Sun hardware.

I wish the PC BIOS was even half as cool as OpenBoot.