/ full?

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Mon Dec 2 06:20:10 CST 2002

Here's what I get.  I added a sort.

[root at office /]# du -sk * | sort +0n
du: cannot change to directory `mnt/floppy': Input/output error
du: cannot change to directory `mnt/cdrom2': Input/output error
du: cannot change to directory `mnt/zip': Input/output error
du: cannot change to directory `mnt/dvd': Input/output error
du: `proc/2328/fd/3': No such file or directory
0       1
0       dev
0       proc
4       lost+found
8       initrd
16      mnt
20      data
1280    tmp
2108    boot
4960    root
5844    bin
6348    sbin
13868   etc
26768   lib
64996   var
81232   opt
2242956 usr
10230576        home

[root at office /]# cd /usr
[root at office usr]# du -sk * | sort +0n
0       tmp
4       etc
20      doc
376     local
6540    games
15248   sbin
33112   include
39416   java
164544  bin
171748  src
186692  X11R6
634044  lib
991208  share

Man, I'm learning some great commands here, but I still don't see why DU and
DF don't match up.

Thanks for all the ideas.  Anybody got any others?