Lycoris

Jared jared at trios.org
Mon Dec 2 04:56:28 CST 2002

I use Lycoris.

I like it. It's like Lindows, but it's been around longer
and is more true to the GNU/Linux spirit. Used to be called
Redmond Linux until Bill Gates sued. Can't believe he won,
but they changed their name to Lycoris.

You use RPM to update it, so it's easily expandable from the
initial Windows-like install. It's a good system to throw
onto the desktop of someone you're weaning from Windows;
the learning curve is pretty mild, and it's Linux to the
core.

I haven't pushed it too hard, but I like what I see. Help
is a little weak in intuitiveness, but it's all there if
you got the time.

-Jared