Sound problem

Will Howard willhoward at gbronline.com
Sun Dec 1 21:09:09 CST 2002

Hi, All,

I am a Linux newbie. I tried to install it on an old machine several years
ago, but I had hardware problems.

I just loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my home machine. It is a Pentium II 233 with 256M
of ram. I installed RH on an old drive and dual boot to Win98 or RH.(I would
like to ditch the Win98, but it is a family computer.)

My problem is that the installation program could not find my sound card and
sndconfig was not put on the hard drive.

My card is an oplsa2 using interrupt 10 because I also have an MPU401 midi
interface. I am not trying to install the MPU401 in Linux.

Any suggestions on what I might do?

Will Howard