Thoughts about running as root

Marvin GodfatherofSoul Bellamy mbellamy at kc.rr.com
Fri Aug 30 19:49:20 CDT 2002

Some tasks like web browsing will be pretty dangerous as root.  Think of
all the executables that Yoos R. Stoopid downloads and fires off without
hesitation on a Windows box.  If you've got people doing that on a UNIX
box as root, you have completely negated the security advantages of a
true multiuser OS.

"Hey, kids!  Here's a cool game!  Just download it and run it and HAVE FUN!"
or
"Hot teen action.  Download this file and run it to get your free
Brittney Spears pics!!"

#!/bin/sh
rm -rf /