LogWatch

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Wed Aug 28 19:00:44 CDT 2002

According to http://www.menandmice.com/docs/named_messages.htm, one of
your clients is requesting a name in class 26113.  According to
http://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters, class 26113 is unassigned.
The overwhelming majority of DNS requests us class 1 (Internet).  It looks
like you're getting malformed requests from someone.

BTW, If it isn't too much trouble would it be possible to send me a
capture of these packets, e.g. by running

  tethereal -w /tmp/baddns.pcap host 123.45.67.89 and port 53

or

  tcpdump -s 2000 -w /tmp/baddns.pcap host 123.45.67.89 and port 53

I have a collection of bad packets that I use for regression testing.