LugList - sorry to bug you... (fwd)

KRFinch at dstsystems.com KRFinch at dstsystems.com
Tue Aug 27 15:44:17 CDT 2002

This was happening to us once back when I worked in Overland Park.  We were
getting spammed with about a thousand messages an hour (for different
reasons mind you, but it was still happening), and the company causing the
problem was completely unresponsive and denied their involvement.  We
started on one level of the company, and worked our way up through a couple
of layers of unresponsive management before we got completely fed up with
them.

What we finally ended up doing was simply forwarding on copies of the spam
to them.  We had the email addresses of several managers over there by that
time, and we just autoforwarded EVERYONE a copy.  Once they got a taste of
their own medicine, they got it cleared up in less than 3 hours. :)

Don't know if this will help or not, but it's an idea.

Kevin Finch
Network Administrator
DST Systems, Inc.
816/435-6039
krfinch at dstsystems.com

                    mike neuliep

                    <mike at marauder.illiana       To:     dustind at moon-lite.com, kclug at kclug.org

                    .net>                        cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: LugList - sorry to bug you...
(fwd)
                    owner-kclug at marauder.i

                    lliana.net

                    08/27/2002 10:29 AM

I banned all of swbell.net because their security administrator wasn't
doing
anything about a serious spam situation that was flooding the kclug server
with
hundreds of 2.2 meg e-mails  a day.  We had contacted them about the
situation
over a dozen times and they were totally unresponsive.  I hate to be a dork

but swbell users should complain to swbell that ISPs are blocking them
because
they are not enforcing their own acceptable use policy.  For the time
being,
this user may want to get a free yahoo or hotmail account.  Hope this
helps.

           Mike Neuliep
           spam and bandwidth nazi
           mike at illiana.net