Apache redirect

DCT Jared Smith jared at dctkc.com
Mon Aug 26 17:11:39 CDT 2002

Forwarded message from Seth Dimbert:

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-

I've got a problem.

A site I administer went bad and I'm in the process of rebuilding it. When I
decided to recreate it using a CMS, I placed the entire kit and kaboodle in
/public_html/pub/html for reasons that made sense at the time. Right now,
index.html sits in /public_html/ saying, "Just you wait! The new site is
gonna be great!"

Problem is, when the new site goes live, no one will know how to get to it
because it's buried down in /public_html/pub/html/. I *know* that the
solution is a "redirection," but I don't know how to do it.

Basically, I need a call to www.domain.com to send the browser to
www.domain.com/foo/bar/ in a way that the user won't even notice. I have to
do this because I can't simply move the folders; paths would break.

This is simple, right? How do I do it?

-SD