Two simple questions

rod holcomb rholcomb12001 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 25 03:06:47 CDT 2002

Two questions

ONE:
Can I change the current working directory from within a gawk program
using  something like:

	str6= “name_of _subdirectory”;
	system (“cd  “    str6);

I can’t seem to get it to work. Nor does
       system ("cd ..");

TWO:
Should I be able to make a symbolic link:     where both files
“pointer”  and “pointee”  are in the same directory  but I create the
link while in another directory.     I know this is really must be
really  basic but I can’t  seem to make it work.  The “pointer” file
always seems to end on in the current working directory or it doesn’t
point to “pointee”  correctly .     I did have some luck if I tried
hard links but I would rather have smbolics

 The two questions are related.  I only need to utilize one of the answers.

=====