RedHat Linux 7.3 and Compaq Deskpro 4000

Moss, Jon jmoss at blackwellsanders.com
Sat Aug 24 22:54:49 CDT 2002

I thought I was on the way to a successful install (thanks to help from
Duane and Jason) but now I'm at an impasse.

Installation was processing packages and errored out on
/mnt/source/RedHat/RPMS/termpca-11.0.1-1.0.noarch.rpm - coudn't read the
file.  Retrying didn't help (it didn't appear to access the CD at all - no
light).  I took the CD, popped it into my laptop and found the file.  I went
back to the Compaq, put the CD back in and used the shell prompt to drill
down to the correct directory.  However, it doesn't display that particular
file from an ls command.

I can't get past the error - it only wants to keep retrying - that's the
only option.  I can't cancel or otherwise halt the installation.

Is there someway for me to get this file where the installation program can
find it?  Or do I need to re-burn my CD?

Thanks for all your help!

Jon Moss