biased feeling against 3com

Dustin Decker dustind at moon-lite.com
Wed Aug 21 16:25:30 CDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, mike neuliep wrote:

[snip]
> This company has no customer loyalty and the support is not very good.
> Hell it was never very good even when I did advocate their products.
> *sigh* Only if I had started in with cisco products from day one I
> might have had a better career...

I can second Mikes sentiments here.  I _do_ like the 3C905B-TX ethernet
cards, but I'd never recommend anything from them on the back end.  I
had a switch two days out of warranty go tits up on me - to cross ship a
new one they wanted twice the retail cost of the switch, as well as
nearly as much to pay for repairs.

Companies such as these will no longer enjoy my patronage until they
decide to sell off the stadiums and other business ventures that have
NOTHING to do with what they do, and return to good old customer
service.

Are we up to a full nickel yet?  $.05 :)
Dustin

--
| Dustin Decker                     |
| http://www.dustindecker.com |                                         |
| Moon-Lite Computing         | "One Architecture, One OS" also         |
| 913.579.7117                | translates as "One Egg, One Basket".    |