SBC DSL

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Sun Aug 18 23:25:25 CDT 2002

At 06:15 PM 8/18/02 -0500, Adam Davis wrote:
>Has anyone heard of people experiencing problems with Southwestern Bell's
>DSL being down in the last week or so, and how long it'll be down?  I've
>got three or four neighbors who all seem to be without internet access.
>
>~ald

I lost my DSL service yesterday for a time -- I don't know when it went out
exactly but it was out at least from around 11:00 AM till about 11:00 PM or
so.  My DSL connection is through SBC but my bandwidth is through
Communitech (DSLOnramp).    I usually just have a problem about once a
year, but this year seems to be more problematic, I think it's blinked two
or three times this year.  Usually what happens is I call Communitech, they
call SBC and then they do a line check and something during the
"clear/test" seems to fix my problem.  A few years ago the SBC people said
if they capped my line it would be more reliable -- but that would have
wacked my bandwidth . . . why fix something that 99.999% of the time works
great?

-- Bradley Miller