I.L.U.G Proposal

mac ten dlegion at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 23:08:37 CDT 2002

Greetings,

I wanted to introduce this idea to anyone who might be
new to linux or maybe your not new to linux but never
the less you have yet to grasp many of the need to
knows within linux.

Speaking from personal experience, it is difficult to
learn how to work within any given application or
learn to compile a new kernal within a two hour time
frame.  What I want to accomplish by having this group
is to focus on one subject per meeting in full detail
once a month. Speaking from my own personal
discouragement, I have yet to compile a kernal.  Now,
I have books, FAQ's MAN pages and many many websites
but they do not prepare you for the unexpected and I
fear the unexpected.  I would go into shock if
something bad happened after I followed all the
directions to the letter but if I had someone
whatching over me (not doing it for me)pointing me in
the right direction and explaining why this unexpected
error occured, I would be in good shape.

In conclusion, I wish to hold a learning session once
a month that would intale instruction on the how to's
of various linux apps.

Thank You.