problems installing sawfish themes

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Thu Aug 15 01:58:36 CDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> I am trying to install a sawfish theme, for the first time, under gnome2
> and sawfish.  I get the error
>
> cd ~/.themes && tar -xvf .... failed
>
> This may be a basic thing for you but, could you help me out?

Do you have a directory named ".themes" in your home directory?  Note that
under Unix, file and directory names beginning with a dot (.) are normally
hidden.  You'll need to run "ls -la" or "ls -ld .themes" to see it.

Also, what does "tar -tvf ...." show, when you replace "...." with the
name of the theme package?