kcwireless-talk: WAP in Kingsville

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 03:26:57 CDT 2002

Just my opinion, but if If I were to do sattelite... I
would go from the source, DirecWay. The main reason
being that they do update their software quite a bit.
Oh, and they are $10/mo cheaper than all the
resellers. Equip is all basically the same. They also
have a router that is in beta testing now, it will
eliminate the need for a Windows box. Word is it
should be released towards the end of the year.

Just remember about sattelite... Latency SUCKS BAD!!!
Forget about online gaming. Their FAP policy (
http://two-wayupgrade.direcway.com/fap.html ) is
insane as well. If you can live with those, or its
your only shot at broadband then its not that bad. I
work (for three more days) for one of the resellers,
if you want to know any other things, just drop me a
mail.