su

I am Spartacus spartacus at home.aafp.org
Sun Aug 11 04:51:04 CDT 2002

check the man page on the 'sudo' command.  it's used specifically to
allow users to run commands as another user without actually having to
su to that user.  you might also look into the 'setuid' and 'setgid'
commands.  they allow you to set the user and group id of the current
process.  hope this helps.

shannon
http://www.iamspartacus.net