boot splash screen

crash3m at trelane.net crash3m at trelane.net
Sun Aug 4 21:17:41 CDT 2002

sorry for the confusion...I dont always get my message accrossed.
If you use urpmi bootsplash (the way I did it) it will, in theory,
install everything you need and configure it.  The
/etc/sysconfig/bootsplash is the configuration file thats read, not an
image.  The image(s) contained in the mandrake rpm (which is installed
with urpmi) lay in
/usr/share/bootsplash/themes/Mandrake/images/

I suggest you rpm -e bootsplash-package-that-you-installed...
then urpmi bootsplash
then go about tweaking it once it actually works, doing everything all
at once doesn't work to swell...work on the basics, then move on.

ML