Frustrated with Apache

Adam Davis ald at dovienya.net
Thu Aug 1 06:01:19 CDT 2002

A little bit -more- digging found this:

  Syntax error on line 393 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Invalid
  command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
  not included in the server configuration [FAILED]

   This can happen when you have a mod_perl enabled Apache compiled with
   DSO (generally it's an installed RPM or other binary package) but the
   mod_perl module isn't loaded. In this case you have to tell Apache to
   load mod_perl by adding:
  AddModule mod_perl.c

   in your httpd.conf.

   This can also happen when you try to run a non-mod_perl Apache server
   using the configuration from a mod_perl server.

found at

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html

Heh.  Hope this helps.

~Adam Davis