high-speed access question

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 21:19:30 CDT 2002

In your opinion. What would be the best choice for
high-speed Road Runner or SWB's DSL in the area.
I live in the plaza area and already had a bad
experience with DSL. Last summer the company was
droping the connection every 15 mins. and I couldn't
be connected to the Internet. Their excuse was that I
was in the "bubble" area and because of the heat on
the cables the connection was dropped.

I just want to know how confortable and / or happy
with their service (cable or dsl) in this area.

Thanks.

--- Marvin Bellamy <Marvin.Bellamy at innovision.com>
wrote:
> When I moved to Prairie Village, I had to switch to
> Road Runner from SWB
> DSL.  The speeds out here were considerably faster
> and every tech I
> talked to at the old place said I had very high DSL
> line speed.  I've
> seen FTP downloads at +200Kb/s here.  SWB also
> ditched a very good tech
> support company for a very sorry one.  SWB also has
> high installation
> charges.  I don't know if I was getting shafted, but
> they  wanted
> something like +$400 to "break" my basic service
> contract and upgrade to
> extended service (for the IPs).  I had a horrible
> time with them, I
> could be an exception. But, if you want anything
> beyond basic service,
> you're going to get raped by TWC.
>
> I am Spartacus wrote:
>
> > hey everyone, i'm new to the list.  i've got a
> question about
> > residential high-speed access.  currently, my
> cable is provided by
> > time warner and i have used road runner for about
> the last 18 months.
> > i've been pretty happy with the service, but next
> month i'm moving to
> > a new house in south olathe.  the cable provider
> out there is comcast,
> > and i understand they offer a cable-modem internet
> service, but i have
> > never known anyone who has used it before.  i'm
> looking for opinions
> > as to whether i would be better served going with
> comcast for
> > high-speed internet access, or signing up with
> at&t for a DSL line.
> > any ideas? thanks.
> >
> > Shannon Merritt
> > Internet Systems Administrator
> > American Academy of Family Physicians
> > 11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
> > Leawood, KS 66211
> > E-mail: spartacus at home.aafp.org
> >

> > KC Linux Users Group -- to unsubscribe send mail
> to majordomo at kclug.org
> > Enter without the quotes in body of message
>

> majordomo at kclug.org
> Enter without the quotes in body of message

=====
"An ounce of gold cannot buy an ounce of time."
- Anonymous

www.whmicro.com