Changing X Server

Uncle Jim jim at jimani.com
Wed Apr 24 05:02:34 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 07:51:02PM -0700, Rusty wrote:

> I have the S3 server installed on the system, but I'm not sure
> what to do to get it to pick the right one. Hacking around in
> the xf86config file hasn't served me very well. Any suggestions?

I think if you look in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and find the part that
looks like

     Section "Device"
             # no known options
             Identifier   "Matrox Millennium"
             Driver       "mga"
             VendorName   "Matrox Millennium"
             BoardName     "Matrox Millennium"

             #BusID
     EndSection

and change the "Driver" line from "svga" to "s3", or whatever your
prefered driver is, it will do it.

--
Jim