Qt Versions

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Tue Apr 23 14:33:17 CDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Rich Edelman wrote:

> Whatever you do, do NOT symlink the two versions. QT 3.x (and as a result, KDE
> 3.x) are NOT binary compatible with KDE 2.2.2/QT 2.3.2 appliations.

As I understand it, this is why the shared libraries on Linux and Solaris
(and other Unix flavors) have version numbers in the first place - so you
can have different versions of a library on the system with different
ABIs.  I've also read that Windows does not assign version numbers to
DLLs, which can cause problems from time to time.  Please enlighten me if
I'm wrong...