mounting NFS

John Lindinger jilindi at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 01:37:54 CDT 2002

Hello KCLUG:

I've got a host rhserver1 that has within /etc/exports

  /data 172.16.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw) # raid5 storage

on my host linux01 logged in as root I try to mount the above as follows...

 mount rhserver1:/dada /mnt/rhserver1

but I get the message...

  mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

rhserver1 is in my linux01's  /etc/hosts with correct IP address.

The connection is good because...

  ping rhserver1 -c 3

is successful at resolving the host name and successfully pings the server.

Anybody got a clue why the mount command fails?

Thanjs,
John Lindinger