[OT] Spam Avoidance (was: Oh Boy!)

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Thu Apr 18 14:37:36 CDT 2002

I would also suggest two other alternatives:

Instead of an email list, we could consider:

1) A News-Server based list. This would allow a mod to remove spam from the
server, effectively deleting it from everyone's "inbox."

2) A web-based BB System. There are a number of free, Perl-based options.
I've got experience with YaBB (http://www.yabbforum.com), and I believe
IkonBoard (http://win.ikonboard.com/?home) is also free, though I've got no
experience with administering it.

Of the two solutions, I'm more partial to the second; I think BB Systems are
a fantastic way for an online community to communicate. If the group wants,
I'd be willing to help set it up...

Just a thought.

-SD