mouse weirdness [and other strange tales]

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Apr 15 15:26:17 CDT 2002

I have always found that sound works better if compiled into the kernel.
Generally I have problems with sound with "stock" kernels, mainly
because
I have a bunch of old and/or cheap soundcards.

Well, I am installing gentoo at home. The latest build has some problems
if you take the
"fast" option [some files and directories missing, like the timezone
files]. So far though
it looks good, good enough that I may abandon my new distro idea and
repackage gentoo.

Also, I have given up on my new distro for the time being. LFS doesn't
seem to be the way to
go. I am downloading trustix Linux to overwrite my LFS disk. I learned a
lot from this
adventure though.

And no I had a lousy weekend, but thanks for asking. I won't go into
details, lest I be called whiny too. ;')

I'll post my take on KDE 3 when I get it running tonight tomorrow.

Peace and harmony,
Brian