Paper I wrote detailing Linux as an alternative

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Fri Apr 12 04:17:11 CDT 2002

"Jeremy" <enigmax at toocool.com> wrote:

> This paper (I hope) answers why Linux?
>
> http://endo.jewnix.org/~joberg/

  But it doesn't answer why use a spell-checker but no human proofreader...

>Linux is ready for the business desktop, it has been for years. Back before
you had desktops,
>there where terminals; or more appropriately named 'dumb terminals.'

...because 'where' is an actual word, but I'm pretty sure not the one you
meant to use there.  I don't normally pick apart people's spelling and
grammar in a forum such as this, but a 'paper' implies a higher standard
than mere email.