KDE 3

Chris Midkiff chris at datacaptech.com
Thu Apr 11 22:49:44 CDT 2002

I DL'd the Mandrake 8.2 RPM's, install went smootly, and the thing runs, but
the post-setup program that creates all of the entries in your main menu
bombs.  Left me in the state where everything is installed, KDE3 will come
up, but most of the utilities won't run, and those that will have to be
started by keying the program name into a terminal.

Overall, it's mainly eye-candy.  Nothing really new.  OTOH, Konqueror (sp?)
3 is _Great_.  Supports everything that I ever need in a browser, including
Javascript, and it's _fast_.  Have not tried the new koffice yet, as I can't
make it run right now.

Chris Midkiff
chris at datacaptech.com