DB2

Jim Herrmann JimH at ItDepends.com
Fri Apr 5 03:39:07 CST 2002

Bill,
I would contact Rich Kaminski at IBM and request a demo.  Tell him Jim
Herrmann sent you.  (Hi Rich!)  I think Todd Reichmuth has DB2 Extended
Enterprise Edition installed on Linux on his laptop.  I would also recommend
that you and the purchasing manager come to the June DB2 User Group meeting,
and see what kind of DB2 community we have here in the KC area.

Millions of rows are not a problem with DB2.  The most important thing is to
have them indexed properly, based on how you access the data.  There are tons
of other tuning issues, but there is no substitute for proper data base
design.

Good Luck,
Jim Herrmann
IBM Certified DB2 UDB DBA
President, Heart of America DB2 Users Group
:-)