static IP options

Lucas Peet lpeet at eccod.com
Mon Apr 1 23:36:00 CST 2002

I've been doing exactally what you're wanting to do...my IP has changed ONCE
in the 6 months I've had the service, and that's because I had my computer
and cable modem unplugged for over 48 hours.  (I was moving my machine
around, and fixing a M$ virus infection).  That was about a month after I
had the service.  I've kept the same IP address since then, and have had
wonderful success hosting my domains, and email.

All my domains were registered through Active-Domain, and they do DNS for
free, and have a handy web interface for configuring your hosts / MX
records, etc...and changes take place IMMEDIATELY.  Only lag is through RR's
(and others) DNS servers, but if you query the Active-Domain NS's directly,
they show the changes as soon as you click 'save'.  (At least that's been my
experience).  I have them doing the DNS for only my main domain, and my
others I do DNS for myself.  They registered my DNS server for me within
10min of emailing the request to their support group.

It all works out VERY nicely, and I've been very pleased with service from
both TWC and Active Domain. (plus, domains are only $10/year!  CHEAP and
TONS of free services!)

-Lucas