Comcast question [OT]

bkelsay at comcast.net bkelsay at comcast.net
Mon Apr 1 01:02:32 CST 2002

I know this message is a little late but I'm WAAAY behind on mail.  I had
some similar problems w/ Comcast during the changeover.  I did install and
run their stupid software and then uninstalled it.  Basically they run you
thru self-provisioning via this program by Broad Jump.  I read some about it
before I installed on one Windows machine.  Provisioning sets up your
account and basically activates it.  It creates an email account with your
user id and does a number of other things.  Probably not too harmful.
Brian Kelsay

P.S. You will need the DNS numbers for your Linux PCs most likely.  Here
they are: 66.45.25.72  and 66.45.25.71 also 38.8.50.2 and 38.8.48.2 seem to
work for emergency purposes, but are slow.